- The following explains our Policy. If you do not agree with our Policy, please do not use Meyer Sound’s Website (“Site”) or subscribe to our newsletters or publications.
- This Policy covers how Meyer Sound treats the personal information that we collect and receive related to your use of the Site.
- “Personal information” refers to any information about you that is personally identifiable, e.g., your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and any other information that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This Policy does not apply to the practices of people or companies that Meyer Sound does not own, control, employ, or manage.
- Meyer Sound respects the privacy of children. The Site is not designed to be used by children younger than 13 years of age. If you are under this age, you should not provide any personal information on the Site without the knowledge and permission of your parent or legal guardian.
Information Collection and Uses
- Meyer Sound may collect personal information about you when you visit and use the Site, and when you register or subscribe to our publications and communications (such as an email mailing list).
- When you subscribe to our publications and communications, we may ask you to provide information such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and other personal information. Additionally, when you subscribe to Meyer Sound online publications and communications, we may collect information regarding your browser type, IP address, and the type of software and hardware you are using.
- Meyer Sound does not sell, rent, lend, or give personal information about you to third parties. But certain federal, state, local, or other government regulations may require that we disclose some personal information about users of the Site. It’s also possible we could be required to provide such information in connection with a legal proceeding or enforcement action. In such cases, we will use reasonable efforts to disclose only the information required by applicable law, court order or legal process.
- Meyer Sound may use the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the Meyer Sound product information or publications or communications that you have requested or subscribed to through the Site;
- To communicate with you regarding Meyer Sound products and upcoming product releases, and Meyer Sound events and promotions;
- To keep you informed of newsworthy information relating to Meyer Sound and its business;
- To deliver and track software updates; and
- To customize the content of our website, publications and communications.
- We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Site, and to monitor the total number of users who visit the Site.
- Many of the purposes we use your information for are necessary to provide our services; others are for legitimate interests such as research, data analysis, improving our services and developing new products. Where we use your information for legitimate interests, your information will only be used in an anonymized and/or aggregated form so that it does not identify you. Where our use of your information is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time as set forth in this Policy.
- We retain personal information we collect from you only where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (in connection with the purposes set out as above). When we no longer have a legitimate business need to use your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- If you are a California resident, you may under California law request whether we have provided personal information that we have collected to any third party for direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or share personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, and would not do so without your written consent. California residents may contact us regarding our compliance with California law.
European Union (EU) Residents
- If you are a resident of a Member State of the EU, you have a number of important rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In summary, these rights, which must be made available to you free of charge, include:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
- For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
- If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- Email or write to us at the contact information provided at the bottom of this Policy
- Let us have enough information to identify you
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driver’s license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill)
- Let us know the information to which your request relates
- The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) Member State where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
- Meyer Sound may provide users of the Site with links to general or limited access interactive areas (e.g. bulletin boards or blogs) for feedback, comments, or discussion related to Meyer Sound products services or topics of general interest to the professional audio community. We have no control over postings to such interactive areas and shall not be responsible for the content of such postings. However, we reserve the right to delete any postings we feel are inappropriate.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Your Account Information and Preferences
- Meyer Sound respects your right to control how your personal information is used. At any time you can ask us to delete or change personnel information you have provided to us through our Site by contacting us at the email or mailing address provided at the bottom of this Policy.
Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information
- Meyer Sound implements physical, electronic, and managerial procedures that we believe are appropriate to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
- We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Meyer Sound also has procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org.
- Meyer Sound reserves the right to take proactive steps to unsubscribe users at Meyer Sound’s discretion.
- This Privacy Police was last updated on May 24, 2018.
- If you have questions about any of the content in this Policy or wish to delete or edit personnel information you have provided to us, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:Meyer Sound Laboratories, Inc.
2832 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, California 94702
Meyer Sound Laboratories Inc (“Meyer Sound”) makes this web site, and all information, materials, data, and documents (“contents”) and all services provided on or through this web site, available to you on the following terms and conditions. By accessing and using this web site you are indicating your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please exit this site without using, printing out or downloading any of its contents or using any service.
This web site and its contents are for personal, informational and internal use only. Unless written consent is first obtained from Meyer Sound, the contents of this web site may not be re-published distributed, licensed, rented or sold to others, and may not be used to create derivative works.
You may not modify or alter the content of this web site in any way. Copyright and other proprietary notices on the contents of this web site may not be removed from any copy of the content including downloaded or printed versions of the content.
THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE AND ALL SERVICES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. MEYER SOUND MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE CONTENT OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT THE CONTENT AND SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED BASIS. EXCEPT FOR WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE PURCHASE OF MEYER SOUND PRODUCTS, ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE CONTENT AND SERVICES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
This web site is operated within the United States, and no representation is made that this site or its contents, or the services accessible through this web site, are suitable for use in all countries or are in compliance with the laws of other countries. If you are accessing this web site from outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws and regulations.
By accessing this web site you agree that all disputes and claims relating to your access and use of this web site shall be governed be the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. You further agree and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of and venue at the Superior Court for the County of Alameda, California or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California for the resolution of such claims or disputes.
Policy for Handling Electronic Mail (email) Messages
EMAIL MESSAGES SENT BY EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTRACTORS OF MEYER SOUND LABORATORIES, INCORPORATED, RELATING TO MEYER SOUND’S PRODUCTS, RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT, BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED BUSINESS, AS WELL AS ANY ATTACHMENTS TO SUCH EMAIL MESSAGES, MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION OF MEYER SOUND. Unless you are notified otherwise in writing, or unless the content of the email message and any attachments is of a clearly routine and non-confidential nature, you must treat the message and any attachments to the message as confidential. If you receive an email from a Meyer Sound employee, representative or contractor and are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient), you must permanently delete the email and any attachments from your computer without retaining any copies thereof. If the case of misdirected emails, we ask that you also notify the sender.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us. Opening of the email you receive indicates your agreement with this policy.
This web site contains trademarks and service marks of Meyer Sound and may contain the trademarks or service marks of third parties. All third-party trademarks mentioned on this web site are the property of their respective owners.
MEYER SOUND and the Meyer Sound wave logo are trademarks of Meyer Sound Laboratories Inc. and are registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as well as in other countries.
The following is a partial list of additional Meyer Sound trademarks and service marks:
650-P®, 650-R2®, Acheron®, AlignALink, B-Noise, Bluehorn, BroadbandQ®, CAL, Callisto®, Compass®, Compass Go by Meyer Sound, Compass RMS, Composite EQ, Constellation®, CueConsole, CueStation, D-Mitri®, EXP®, Galileo®, GuideALink, Intelligent AC, LCS, LEO®, LEO-M, LEOPARD, LYON, M Series, M1D, M2D, M3D, MAPP, MAPP Online Pro®, MAPP XT, Matrix3, MatrixLink, M’elodie®, MICA®, MILO®, MINA, MSL-4®, MultiSense, QuickFly®, QuietCool, REM®, RMS, SIM®, Spacemap®, SpeakerSense, Stella, Thinking Sound®, TM Array, TruPower®, TruShaping®, UltraSeries, U-Shaping®, VariO, VRAS, Wild Tracks
Meyer Sound has adopted policies regarding compliance with anti-corruption laws around the world and with the export control laws and regulations of the United States. These policies, which currently are set forth in policy documents entitled OFAC Compliance Guidelines Protocols, OFAC Compliance Manual, and FCPA Anti-Corruption Policy, can be found by following these links:
- Meyer Sound Global Anti-Corruption Policy and Guidelines
- Meyer Sound OFAC Compliance Protocols
- Meyer Sound OFAC Compliance Policy
California Supply Chains Act Disclosure
Meyer Sound’s Policy on Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Policy. Meyer Sound supports the goal of eradicating slavery and human trafficking and believes that no person should be deprived of his or her basic needs and fundamental rights. It is our policy to comply with all laws regarding human trafficking and slavery wherever we do business, and we expect our suppliers to do the same.
- Supplier Selection Criteria/Verification. Meyer Sound is committed to selecting suppliers who operate in full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including child labor laws and laws applicable to working hours, wages and over-time pay. Meyer Sound currently does not use third parties to conduct outside verification of suppliers. Rather to minimize the risk of human trafficking and slavery Meyer Sound will only work with reputable suppliers having no known record of engaging in such practices.
- Certification/Audits. Currently, Meyer Sound does not require its suppliers to certify compliance with Meyer Sound’s policy relating to the eradication of slavery and human trafficking, nor does it audit its suppliers to ensure compliance.
- Training/Internal Accountability. Meyer Sound does not currently provide employees, suppliers or contractors with training regarding human trafficking and slavery nor does it have any specific internal accountability process related to the prevention of human trafficking and slavery.
- Response to Violations. Any supplier found to be in violation of Meyer Sound’s policy related to human trafficking and slavery will be terminated, unless the supplier can demonstrate to Meyer Sound that it has ceased its offending conduct.
GPL License for Linux Based Software
Certain software components or “kernels” embedded in Meyer Sound professional audio products use the Linux operating system (Linux Based Software). Such Linux Based Software is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 (“GPL, v2 license”) that permit you to copy, modify and redistribute the Linux Based Software, and that require that any copy of such Linux Based Software distributed to you by Meyer Sound be distributed on the terms of the GPL, v.2 license. A copy of the GPL, v.2 license, can be found at www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html. Please review the terms and conditions of this license.
Consistent with the GPL, v.2 license, you may use, copy, modify, and distribute the Linux Based Software and the source code for such software for any purpose, provided that any copy you publish contain the original copyright notices on the software and a disclaimer of warranty as required by the GPL, v.2 license. If any provision of this or any other permission or license granted with respect to the Linux Based Software conflicts with the GPL, v.2 license, the provisions of the GPL, v.2 license shall control.
How to Obtain Source Code for Linux Based Software
To the extent the GPL, v.2 License obligates Meyer Sound to separately send you a machine readable copy of the source code for the applicable Linux Based Software, you may obtain a copy by contacting Meyer Sound. You may be charged a modest fee for obtaining copies of the source code to cover postage and handling costs. This offer is good for three years from the date you receive any Meyer Sound product containing the Linux Based Software, or any update to the software.