RMS Release Notes
Version Release 5.9.4 - Released June 18, 2012
- 1100-LFC Low Frequency Control Element support.
Version Release 5.9.1 - Released February 10, 2012
- 64-Bit Windows operating systems are now supported.
- The PCC-10 Network Interface Card is NOT supported with the 64-bit version of Windows 7.
Version Release 5.9 - Released October 26, 2011
- With RMS 5.9, supported loudspeakers now include the Acheron Designer.
Version Release 5.7.1 - Released March 22, 2011
- With RMS 5.7.1, supported loudspeakers now include the MPS 488-HP Power Supply.
- The LNS Server has been updated to support newer 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.
Version Release 5.6 - September 17, 2010
- MINA Compact Curvilinear Array Loudspeaker support
- Support for i.LON Smart Server as a direct replacement for the i.LON
100. The RMS installer will automatically install the new required i.LON
Smart Server software. Additionally, RMSSRV has been changed to support
service pin commissioning of the Smart Server (it sends two service pin
messages instead of one).
- Optimized muting has now been applied to the solo feature, i.e. when
a loudspeaker is soloed the remaining speakers will mute faster than
- If software installation is attempted on a Windows 64 bit system an
error message will be shown and installation will be halted.
- Multi-soloing of loudspeakers is now possible if enabled under Muting > Settings.
Version Release 5.5 - November 17, 2009
- Acheron 80 Screen Channel Loudspeaker support
- Acheron 100 Screen Channel Loudspeaker support
- Acheron Studio Screen Channel Loudspeaker support
- Acheron LF Low Frequency Extension Loudspeaker support
- X-800C High Power Cinema Subwoofer support
- The loudspeaker commissioning process now uses a similar look and feel whether a single commission or batch commission is being used.
- The maximum number of characters allowed for a loudspeaker title has been increase from 12 to 18.
- The Echelon LNS Licensing update is now included in the RMS installers to protect the LNS License from possible corruption caused by Windows Updates and Service Pack enhancements. This is automatically installed with both the RMS Full Installer and RMS Upgrade Installer.
Version Release 5.4 - September 1, 2009
- JM-1P Loudspeaker support
Version Release 5.3 - May 19, 2009
- 500-HP Loudspeaker support
- Email Alert Notification
- External warning relay output to monitor offline or load fault conditions
Version Release 5.2 - November 13, 2008
- SB-3F Loudspeaker support
- UPQ-2P Loudspeaker support
- 700-HP Limiter fix (correlation between back panel LEDs and RMS Host UI)
- Optimized Muting
- Auto-save of panel (.pnl) file
- New Panel File format (v4.0)
- Outdoor Mode
- Pop-up / Context (right-click) menu for the panel background
- Auto-creation of RMSNET(x) databases when starting RMS and no databases exist
- Addition of RMS Help menu option in RMSSRV
- Save & retrieval of entire CD Key to rms.ini file
- Network interface name for i.LON 10’s is no longer case-sensitive
- Neuron ID error checking to ensure only hexadecimal digits, and length of 12.
Version Release 5.1.2 - July 21, 2008
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the UPQ-1P.
- Updated Echelon drivers that offer improved compatibility with Windows Vista for the network interfaces.
Version Release 5.1 - December 14, 2007
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the UPJunior and MJF-212A.
- RMS Autostart that waits until the CPU activity at 20% or under for the application to start.
- Improved function of the RMS Network manager.
Version Release 5.0 - April 9, 2007
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the MJF-212.
- The LonWorks U10 USB Network Interface is now supported.
- Installation and configuration of the i.LON 10 Ethernet Adapter has been improved.
Version Release 4.10 - August 23, 2006
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the M'elodie.
- Custom images can now be imported for use as panel backgrounds. Supported image formats include .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .png, .exif, .wmf, .emf, and .ico.
Version Release 4.9 - December 15, 2005
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the MICA, 600-HP, and MVC-5.
Version Release 4.7 - February 10, 2005
- The LonWorks PCLTA-20 Network Interface PCI card has been replaced with the PCLTA-21 Network Interface PCI card. The new card is compatible with standard PCI slots and functions the same as the previous card.
- To allow sufficient time for RMS to establish its network connections, startup time is now about 30 seconds.
- Commissioning of loudspeakers is now more streamlined (it is no longer necessary to press the loudspeakers Service Pin). Batch commissioning is also supported.
- The enhanced Network Properties dialog box lets you edit the loudspeaker's Network, Neuron ID, Firmware.
- Loudspeakers can now be selected by clicking or Shift-clicking (for multiple selections) their icons, or by drawing a rectangle around them. Loudspeakers can be moved by simply dragging their icons.
- A new muting option has been added to the Muting Options dialog box that lets you mute loudspeakers without allowing soloing.
Version Release 4.62 - December 8, 2004
- Supported loudspeakers now includes the MILO 60, MILO 120, and 700-HP.
- The validation procedure for network interface cards has been updated.
- RMS no longer requires device credits.You can now add as many loudspeakers as you want.
- When opening a panel with loudspeaker icons that are located off-screen, you are now prompted to relocate the loudspeakers to the upper left. This may be necessary if the panel was created on a computer with a larger screen resolution.
- Loudspeaker views can now be easily moved by Ctrl-dragging them.
- Online help for the RMS application is now included (available from About > Help).