How to Apply
- Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying as the "Subject" of the email.
- Fax your resume and cover letter to 510 486.8356. Please put the title of the position for which you are applying on the Fax.
- Mail your resume and cover letter to:
Title of the position of interest
2832 San Pablo Avenue
Berkeley, California 94702
Attn: Human Resources
Trade Show/ Demo Coordinator
|Berkeley, California, USA|
Reporting to the Director of Technical Support Worldwide, and with dotted line reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Trade Show/Demo Coordinator manages logistics planning, onsite set-up and execution of Meyer Sound’s trade shows, demos and marketing events.. The Trade Show/Demo Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Trade Show and Demo Support – 75%
Manages the coordination, planning, logistics, and execution of trade shows and demos.
Acts as the primary logistics and technical support person for marketing events and trade shows/demos. This includes shipping of materials, equipment procurement, booth properties, graphics, computers, literature, promotional items, rental equipment, and tracking of product during transportation.
Works closely with marketing, technical support, sales, and management of all levels to facilitate trade show/demo planning in accordance with plans, objectives and strategies.
Orders and manages technical trade show/demo services such as electrical, AV, rigging and internet services.
Manages on-site labor crews and expenses for trade shows/demos, and communicates with the Marketing Manager when on-site costs are affecting labor and expense budgets.
Coordinates trade show/demo planning meetings.
Ensures alignment and communication between marketing and technical support departments, attending meetings of both departments, identifying priorities and independently finding solutions to resolve discrepancies.
Works with factory facility personnel and assists the marketing, tech support, and education departments with facility/warehouse inventory tasks.
Works with rental companies, customers, and distributors for local product rentals, loans, trussing and lighting.
Coordinates order processing and return procedures for products going to shows/demos with sales order entry and warehouse staff.
Maintains the resource inventory database to track trade show inventory.
Technical Support – 25%
Performs a variety of administrative functions to enhance the technical support process in order to organize projects, scheduling, meetings and equipment.
Works with marketing, sales, and engineering to answer support questions and expedite information back to customers.
Sets up audio and audio visual equipment at trade events and assists the educational and technical support groups as needed for factory events.
Provides phone and e-mail support to customers and assists Meyer Sound’s international technical support team in organizing its efforts to better serve the sales team and customers.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Strong initiative, logistical coordination: carnets, temporary import bonds, administrative, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
Prior experience coordinating trade shows/demos or other professional events with high production values. International event planning experience a plus.
Strong background in professional audio preferred, as well as knowledge of the practices and procedures of sound reinforcement.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Experience scheduling, managing, and supervising production labor crews.
Experience with Microsoft Office and database applications.
Experience with Adobe products and Autodesk AutoCAD a plus.
Some experience working in an office in an administrative or project capacity.
Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time both domestically and internationally.
Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Must pass a general and criminal background check.
|REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:|
• 3-5 years of prior experience coordinating trade shows or other professional events with high production values. International experience required.
• Strong background in professional audio preferred, as well as the practices and procedures of sound reinforcement.
• Strong initiative, logistical coordination, administrative, organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and database applications such as Filemaker Pro. Experience with Adobe products and Autodesk AutoCAD a plus.
• Some experience working in an office in an administrative or project capacity.
• Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time both domestically and internationally.
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
•Must pass a criminal and general background check
|Meyer Sound Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer.|
|Back to job listings||